From CSASC Member Annie Alidina
Mustard – Here is one of my favorite mustard recipes! I saw there was a lot of garlic at the farm, and honey, which would be excellent ingredients for mustard!
- 3/4 cup liquid (1/4 cup vinegar + 1/2 c wine or 1/2 c beer or 1/4 cup spirit with 1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 c mustard seed. Yellow brown or mix
- 1 Tbsp chopped aromatics (garlic, onion, shallot etc.)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs of choice
- 1 Tbsp sweetener (sugar, honey, maple syrup etc.)
Put all ingredients in a bowl and soak overnight in the fridge
Blend to desired consistency in blender, adding more liquid if necessary. Transfer to jars and store in fridge for up to 3 months. Makes 2 mustard sized jars.