First Light Farm offers membership and non-membership opportunities to suit different needs and interests:
For a yearly fee of just $35, become a member and gain access to our:
- Educational Classes at a discounted price;
- Soil-to-Supper Program which allows you to pick your own produce at any time and pay as you pick;
- Mini or Small Farm Program which allows you to cultivate your own plot of land (separate fees apply for the different sizes of mini farms); and
- Neighborhood CSA program where you can create a local CSA program of your own.
How to Join as a Member:
- Review and sign the Liability Release form and the Member’s Commitment page and confirm that you understand and can comply with the commitments we ask of members.
- Contact First Light Farm (email@example.com) and let us know that you’re interested in becoming a member. Send us your name, contact information, signed liability release form and a $35.00 check to First Light Farm, 720 North 84th Street, Seattle, WA 98103 and we’ll sign you up!
- If you’re leasing a “mini farm,” send your payment by check for whatever mini farm size you want plus your membership & maintenance fee (per family) before you plant your first seeds or transplant any vegetables. Planting can usually start in the valley in late March or early April depending on the weather.
For non-members, First Light Farm’s farm stand is open to the public Thursdays-Sundays, 10:30-6:00 pm, May through October (depending on weather). Non-members can also take advantage of the farm’s U-pick program which offers a variety of sustainably-grown vegetables, herbs and flowers at below retail level prices.
Non-members can also participate in the farm’s Community Box program and Neighborhood/Community Buying Club which were created in 2015 to support healthy neighborhoods and communities. Email First Light Farm at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these program details.
Non-members can also participate in the farm’s Work Share Program which allows you to trade labor for veggies