From Annie Alidina
- 1 Onion (or 2 small ones), diced
- Thumb-sized piece of Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup raw Almonds or Cashews, chopped
- 2 bunches of Greens: Kale, Chard, Collards, Spinach or some combination
- 2 T Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 T Rice Vinegar
- 2 T Olive or Canola Oil
- 1-2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
In a heated skillet over medium heat add chopped almonds and sauté until toasted, then remove and set aside. Add oil, onion, garlic, and ginger, and sauté for 2-3 minutes then add greens –- stems and all (you can add the stems a minute or two before the greens if you want) and cook for 5-10 minutes, shorter for chard and more for collards & kale, until coated with the oil and brilliant green.
Add soy sauce/tamari, vinegar, and the toasted nuts and cook for another minute ’til it’s all combined and the greens are tender but not brown. Serve as a side dish or over rice for a simple vegetarian meal.