- Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture Toby Hemenway – A classic book that introduced permaculture to home gardeners:
- One Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming Masanobu Fukuoka – Another classic farming literature from Mr. Masanobu. As much philosophical as it is practical.
- Maritime Northwest Garden Guide – Seattle Tilth’s classic monthly manual on planting in the PNW. Seattle Tilth’s month-by-month manual is tailored to the Pacific Northwest climate and a helpful resource for gardeners of all levels. It includes strategies for year-round gardening, articles about organic gardening techniques, resources, recipes and activities for kids.
- How Dirt Makes You Happy by Bonnie Grant, Gardening Know Howor
- The Locavore’s Dilemma: What to do with the kale, turnips, and parsley that overwhelm your CSA bin by Catherine Price, Slate
- Portland Nursery’s Veggie Calendar: http://portlandnursery.com/docs/veggies/VeggieCalendar.pdf (a great resource for seasonal planting recommendations)
- Market Garden Tools Part 1 – A nice breakdown of the tools used in the No Dig Market Gardens at Ridgedale Permaculture
- Market Garden Tools Part 2
- Seeding Lettuce Flats – From Curtis Stone, the Urban Farmer, an old-school low-tech way to seed flats in their nursery
- Potting up Tomatoes!! – Also from Curtis Stone, we think he’s pretty neat