E. Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions with Rosemary and Parmigiano
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 ¾ pounds tan skinned sweet potatoes (often labeled as yams), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 Tbsp peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ pounds red onions, halved and cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover two large baking sheets with foil.
- Place sweet potatoes on one and drizzle with most of oil, reserving 2 tablespoons for onions. Sprinkle with garlic, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Toss to coat and then spread out in a single layer.
- Place onions on other sheet and sprinkle with remaining oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer.
- Place potatoes on center rack and onions on lowest rack.
- Roast until potatoes are tender and onions are beginning to caramelize, stirring every ten minutes, about 30 minutes total.
- Once potatoes are tender and onions are well caramelized mix in a bowl, sprinkle with cheese and rosemary and toss.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper and serve.
Notes: Adapted from Epicurious.com